If you have just bought a used or refurbished HP Laserjet laser printer, we recommend running COLD RESET before installation.
PAPER JAM ISSUES
1. No paper fed into the printer and printer shows a paper jam error
- Replace paper feed rollers (pickup rollers) both inside the paper tray and printer
- Do not overfill paper trays
- Check if the paper tray lifts up. Remove and reinsert the paper tray. Try another paper tray
2. Paper jams under the toner cartridge
- Try another toner cartridge
- Check if transfer roller is in place
3. Paper jams inside the fuser
- You would most likely need another fuser and most likely the swing plate assembly with fuser gears.
- Check paper path for obstruction. Is the fuser cover (rear cover for HP Laserjet 4200 4250 4300 4350) is bent, broken or misplaced preventing the paper sheet to go through
4. Paper jams in the rear cover or when exiting the printer.
- Check if the rear cover is damaged or bent
- Some printers such as Laserjet 4 have rollers on the back cover that may not function properly.